Thursday, July 21, 2011

You're My Favorite Color

Song of the blog: The Dynamo of Volition_ Jason Mraz

Dresses and shoes and ribbons! Oh My!

Needless to say, I might love planning, but I can't wait until it's over. Did you know that people like to live their weddings through you? Yep! People to plan other people's weddings to fit their idea of perfection! I feel like one of the lucky people who has not run into too many of these wedding planners, though I have run into a few. I told Jacob last night that I don't want anything extravagant. I want simple, yet beautiful, and a little bit quirky. My shoes for instance. I want purple sequin converse. I don't even know if they exist. I love this idea. It matches my personality perfectly.

This. Is. A. Cat.


Another thing I have learned in the last few weeks? None of it really matters. At the end of the day, I'm going to marry Jacob Willis, and that is the whole point. The little details are just fun. =)

So this week I:
Saw Harry Potter 7 part 2. Three times. (Why? How? I really don't know.)
Got stranded on the side of the road with my fiance for HOURS. (Not as fun as it sounds.)
Went to our friends' (Rachel and Neil Adams) house in Oswego, KS via being pulled by a rope by their van.
Hung out with Rachel and the kids, and my brother Billy,  while Neil worked with Jacob on the engine.
Found out that a whole day's work was for naught because the real problem is a cracked Head Gasket.
Had a dance party with the kids and Rachel and my brother. I wish I could put the videos on here, they are way too cute for words, but alas they are on my phone. This process still confounds me.
Stressed about money.
Prayed about a lot.
Received some answers, and a lot of comfort.
Had my testimony that the Lord knows and cares about each and every detail of our lives strengthened very much.
Slept on couch cushions pushed together on the floor. =P
Cleaned Rachel's kitchen to de-stress.
Began the process of FINALLY getting my license! I should have it next week.
Lots of other things. 


This. Is. A. Bunny.




Just to add, Hoodwinked has the most predictable ending! I knew the whole time that it was the bunny! (Spoiler?)

Imagine this with short sleeves and a scoop neckline. I'm kind of in love with it. Though nothing is decided. ;D  (jjshouse.com for about 340 dollars including tax and adjustments. =) Yay me!







RANDOM QUOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!



Eternity's a terrible thought. I mean, where's it all going to end?
Tom Stoppard (1937 - ), Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (1967)
 
I have a responsibility to pass on to the next generation what I learned from my teachers, ... It keeps me young and reminds me where I came from. Teaching young artists is like giving water to a flower. ~ Isaac Stern

When you feel things deeply and you think about things a lot and you think about how you feel, you learn a lot about yourself. ~ Fiona Apple
 
The feeling must come first. If you actually feel rich, if you have a deep inner conviction that you will always have all that you need, it will be so. ~ Donald Curtis
I have just been given a very engaging Persian kitten…and his opinion is that I have been given to him. ~ Evelyn Underhill
 
 I've never compromised who I am not ever. If I've gotten anywhere in my life it's been on my own merits. ~ Cher
 
My husband and I have never considered divorce... murder sometimes, but never divorce.~ Joyce Brothers
In marriage do thou be wise: Prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self. ~ William Penn
 
Funny Pages!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment