Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chiffon Postcards

Song of the blog: March Into The Sea_ Modest Mouse

Wedding Planning. People expect you to know the date of your wedding the minute the ring is on your finger. First question out of everyone's mouth, "When is it? Have you set a date?" "No. He just proposed 15 minutes ago Mom." "Oh Ok." O.o

But really, I love it. I love looking at dresses and choosing colors (dark purple, white, and black for accents) and thinking about shoes (purple sequin high tops) and all the other shtuffz (website, announcements, registries etc.). =) I love the whole life spinning and doing wonderful things and moving forward. I love looking at apartments that I won't live in for another year. I love thinking about how I will decorate my living room. I love thinking about being married to Jacob Willis. =)

This. Is. A. Sock.
 I like this guy's attitude on life. =)

I have never planned my wedding before. I didn't think, "Someday when I get married I want this and this." So I was not prepared for the sudden obsession of all things wedding. I could browse announcements for hours, and wanna know a not-secret? I do browse for hours. Jacob probably laughs at me a lot as I text him things like, "We are so registering at Bed Bath & Beyond." and as I tell him about what kind of dress cut I think I want. I even want to make a little cookbook of recipes I have made up so that he will eat well. =) I am going to seriously dig married life. Now if only the next year could speed by, I would be fine with that. Anyone who really knew me before would never recognize me now. I have officially gone off the deep end of wedding planning.

This. Is. An. Insane. Person.
This will be me if I keep this up. ;D

Really though. I'm loving this. =D

RANDOM QUOTES!!!!!!!!!!


I begin to think, that a calm is not desirable in any situation in life....Man was made for action and for bustle too, I believe.

Abigail Adams (1744 - 1818)letter to her sister, Mary Smith Cranch, 1784




I am in earnest; I will not equivocate; I will not excuse; I will not retreat a single inch; and I will be heard.

William Lloyd Garrison (1805 - 1879)




His mother had often said, When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. She had emphasized the corollary of this axiom even more vehemently: when you desired a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.

Lois McMaster Bujold"Memory", 1996




You don't need to outdo the competition. It's expensive and defensive. Underdo your competition. We need more simplicity and clarity.

Jason FriedKeynote Speech, SXSW 2006

Funny Pages!












No comments:

Post a Comment